1. The name of the Society is Flamenco de la Isla Society, herein referred to as “the Society”.
2. The purposes of the Society are:
a) To advance the knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the art of Flamenco in the Greater Victoria area, and on Vancouver Island.
b) To teach and perpetuate the art of Flamenco through education, financial support and performance opportunities.
c) To become a community information resource center for Flamenco.
d) To support connections between Flamenco artists, and the broader arts community.
e)To do all such other acts as are incidental or conducive to the fulfillment of the above purposes or any of them and above that to apply for all.
3. In the event that the Society should, at any time, be wound up or dissolved, the remaining assets and payment of all debts and liabilities shall be turned over to a recognized charitable organization with purposes similar to the Society, or if this cannot be done, to another recognized charitable organization of the Province or elsewhere in Canada as directed by members.
4. The term “recognized charitable organization” in Article 3 means a charitable organization or charity that the Canada Revenue Agency or its successor, recognizes as such under the provisions of the Income Tax Act (Canada) from time to time in effect.
5. The Society shall carry out its purposes without purposes or financial gain for its member, and shall use any profits or other accretions to the Society for promoting its purposes, and shall carry out its purposes on an exclusively charitable basis.
6. The Society shall not remunerate any Director or Officer for being or acting as a Director or Officer, but may reimburse a Director or Officer for all expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred while engaged in the affairs of the Society.
7. Articles 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are unalterable.