Flamenco de la Isla Society
Annual Flamenco Student Scholarship
Submission Deadline: May 1st*
The scholarship awarded may be an amount of up to $500.00** and may be distributed to one or more suitable applicants.
Winners of scholarships may not apply in the next application year.
This scholarship may be applied to classes, workshops, or lessons with a recognized flamenco professional or flamenco organization based on Vancouver Island. The scope of acceptable activities includes, but is not limited to, educational opportunities in the following flamenco disciplines: dance, guitar, singing, or percussion. At this time, travel, accommodation, and performance opportunities are ineligible for funding through this scholarship.
- Assessment of applications will be based on some or all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteering for the Flamenco de la Isla Society
- Dedication to the art of flamenco
- Desire to further develop flamenco skills and knowledge
- Financial need
- Applicants must be a member in good standing of the Flamenco de la Isla Society
- Applicants must show a commitment to furthering their flamenco studies
- Applicants must be willing to, or have in the past, volunteered for Flamenco de la Isla events
- The scholarship is open to amateur and professional level students
** Funds will be paid directly to the student upon submission of receipts or proof of enrolment from a recognized flamenco professional or flamenco organization based on Vancouver Island or, funds may be paid directly to the flamenco professional or flamenco organization upon special request by the scholarship recipient. Funding is to be claimed and used within the calendar year that the scholarship is received
Please send the following information to the Flamenco de la Isla Society:
Flamenco de la Isla member since:
Volunteer Experience with Flamenco de la Isla:
What is the specific activity you are requesting funds for? Dates of proposed activity (if applicable)
What is the estimated cost of the above activity?
Which organization or instructor are you wishing to study with?
Contact information for the organization or instructor of your proposed activity:
Please write a statement (no more than 1/2 page) on what the grant would mean to you and submit it with this application information to:
Flamenco de la Isla Society Attention:
2568 Vancouver St., Victoria, BC