The Flamenco de la Isla Society is a Victoria, BC-based non-profit arts organization. We produce the Victoria Flamenco Festival. We are seeking a treasurer for our board to help us create and manage our budget, assist with long-term financial planning, and provide bookkeeping.
This is a volunteer position.
Duties of the Treasurer are
- Making payments to vendors
- Doing bank reconciliations
- Preparing statements for board meetings
- Reporting on the society’s financials at board meetings
- Preparing year end statements
- Helping prepare a budget that is used to plan festivals and make grant applications
- Helping prepare an operating budget for the society (this is a new activity as we are in a phase of growth)
In our busiest month we process approximately 30 incoming and outgoing transactions. Familiarity with Sage Pro Accounting Software would be a benefit.
The board currently meets virtually four times a year (March, June, September, November or December) on the second Saturday of the month at 2pm. Dates and times may be adjusted with consensus of the board.
We would love to have support from an individual who is passionate about the arts. Come and learn about the beautiful singing, stunning guitar playing, and fiery footwork that makes flamenco dancing so unique!
If interested, please email us your resume and tell us a bit about yourself. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
Flamenco de la Isla was incorporated as a society in 1998. We exist to support the appreciation of the art of flamenco singing, guitar, and dance in greater Victoria and on Vancouver Island. The society produces flamenco events that celebrate local and regional flamenco artists, and has produced a large-scale flamenco festival in Victoria for the past 10 years.